Friday, June 27, 2014

Dog In Space Banner

With the advent of digital downloads I'm beginning to feel quite analog. I'm finding myself situated where vinyl collectors probably were in the 1980s and 1990s - a dying breed.  Granted, vinyl and CD are still available, but like the newspaper business, it is shrinking.



Well, amassing a CD collection through the years was a great deal of fun. Lately it sits still collecting dust. Creating Dog In Space allowed me the opportunity to unearth that collection to create the image you see as the Dog In Space Banner/ Header of this blog.

I actually have such an abundance of CDs that I will likely break out another 40-50 discs for a second banner somewhere down the road should I choose to keep this site going. I'm relatively happy with the image but hopefully it will be the first of a handful I can assemble here for Dog In Space.

This is more or less an experiment to rekindle those creative fires. Here's hoping.



This is a cover I created for a music publication called The Lexicon. I was a contributing writer and penned a Duran feature following a wonderful interview with Simon Le Bon, Nick Rhodes and Warren Cuccurullo (Missing Persons) of Duran Duran to coincide with the release of their Pop Trash (2000) recording. The interview took place at The Mercer Hotel in New York City. As you can see it is a montage of music videos, just one of the many remarkable facets of the talented band's legacy. One of the things we immediately think of when it comes to Duran Duran is their rich video history. I snapped the most prominent visual moments from their video cannon (in my mind) that always grabbed me to create this edition's cover. See if you can name all of the videos. The cover really speaks to these musicians not just as musicians but visual artists and designers of their own unique brand in sound and style of which they were unfairly derided for many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment